If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

50th Post of 2008!!!

I can't believe it has been one whole year. A year ago today, I was in Houston Texas preparing to shoot a New Years Eve Party sponsored by Grey Goose. I had alot on my mind that day and I remember thinking of how I was going to give my two weeks notice to "the man" upon my return to Oklahoma. Once I made the decision to go full time, I wanted to make some changes to Concepts. Individuals were asking me questions like, "Do you do (fill in the blank) shoots?" Since my main site only documents parties, I wanted a way that I could show the world all of the "other" types of shoots that I do. People weren't aware that I everything from private birthday parties to weddings and everything in between. I decided to give my blog some energy in 2008 and create something that not only showcased my private events but also gave the reader a chance to get to know the man behind the camera. I am an extremely closed and private person so I decided to open up and let the world see the man that I see every morning when I wake up and look in the mirror. My blogs are heavily seasoned with my sense of humor and easy going mentality. It has my intellect and placed in every bite with positive energy enzymes that make my words and opinions easy to digest. Does that make sense?

The first blog that I created of 2008 was the baby shower of an event planner in Houston named Lexi. She flew me out to Houston and blessed me with the opportunity to capture this intimate event in the privacy of her parents home. I had a great time and an even greater time sharing the images with the Concepts community. After that I created many different blogs that I believe changed the face of Concepts Productions. It was then that I really began to find ways to separate myself with all of the other brothas that had "big cameras". lol.... I didn't want to be known as just the picture guy at the club... I knew I had to share more of my work and let the public know what it is like to live "A Day In The Life of Concepts Productions". By posting the baby shower images to my blog, it provided potential clients with the opportunity to view some of my other week. I was then hired by my good friend and frat brother Lawrence to shoot the maternity images for his beautiful wife Juliet. From there I was off to shoot Baby Aiden who is the son of another good friend and fraternity brother Jason. By March I was in full baby swing because I was blessed with yet another opportunity to shoot a beautiful little girl named Taylor. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Woods.

In April, the blog took on a very serious post. While visiting New Orleans for the Alpha Southwest Regional Convention, I decided to visit the poverty stricken lower 9th ward which was leveled by Hurricane Katrina. I named the blog 755 because the day I visited was the 755th day since the hurricane hit. Driving down there and capturing the images was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. I just couldn't believe what I saw and I often wondered how my life would be now if I had lived there during that time and lost everything that I had ever owned. I wanted to share with the world what I saw during my visit and posted the pics shortly upon my return to Oklahoma. If you ever have the chance to visit New Orleans, PLEASE be sure to visit the lower 9th Ward. I'm sure it will change your life as it did mine.

I remember going to various events and having people asking me why I always had on my Red, Black, and Green wrist band. I decided to create a blog about it so that I could share with the public what goes through my head whenever I capture an image. A majority of individuals found it very interesting the reason why I wore it. I continued the trend of interesting blogs by creating "It Was Just A Compliment... Grow Up Real Quick" which was inspired by a young lady who felt the need to tell her homegirls that I was trying to holla simply because I gave her a compliment. I couldn't believe it and I just had to address it. I really wanted people to understand the difference since I have been known to share compliments quite often. In my free time, I try to catch a movie during a weekday in the afternoon. I feel it is the BEST time to go simply because you don't have to deal with any teenagers and the theatre is almost empty. It was during one of those times that I created "My Date With Warren... No Homo". I decided to document one of my trips to the newly built Warren Theatre and give my personal opinion on whether the above average price was really worth it. I provided my unbiased views and realized that people really took my advice seriously. THAT is wassup! CHEA!

The months of August and September were low points for me. It was during the month of August that two of my friends past away within' a week of each other. My client Arthurray passed away just a few days before my long time supporter Rick. Those were probably two of the hardest blogs that I ever had to write. Their lives ended shortly before my birthday and I slipped into a mild depression from there all the way until about the end of September. I was crushed but it furthermore taught me that tomorrow is promised to no one. I had to find a way to bounce back and eventually I did. Thank God...

Overall, I have had a ton of fun creating my blog post. One of my favorite blogs was "The Original Wigg" because it really documented the intimate relationship that I have with my father. It wasn't until I was in college that I realized how lucky I was to have him in my life. I also enjoyed writing "Pashon Vs Inspiration" Parts ONE and TWO. This year I decided that doing things that I wasn't passionate about was a complete waste of time. Lets not forget about the blog "Spandex Jeans - Is That a Quarter In Your Pocket?" that deals with my bout with racism in the OKC Nightlife scene.

I don't want this post to get too long so I'm just going to stop right here. Thank you SO MUCH to EVERYONE who checks out the blog. There are people who are literally afraid to read and it is good to see young people not only read what I have to say but also COMMENT with their opinions. Feel free to go back and read some of the older blogs and let me know what you think with your comments. I am definitely a silly dude but I'm also mentally sharp and I have alot to say. Stay blessed and I will be sure to keep the fire blogs coming in 2009!!!



J. Wiggins
(Your hired Photographers FAVORITE photographer)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been an expierence live vicariously thru your lens and blogs. It's good to see people respond weather it's for or against what you blog about. I can imagine the appreciatiation that you have everytime someone leaves a comment. The hard work and long lost hours meeting your infamous deadline Tuesdays!! Just imagine staying up on a Monday night waitng for 12:01 am to come hoping to see what you look like at that event that j Wigg captured you on. Hoping he bigged you up in the caption. Or that next Ill blog for you to comment on. But it's not up yet. Then you check back at 12:30. Nope. Then you check again because you can't wait to drag and drop YOUR pic on your Myspace page or facebook. Ok maybe it's just me!!!!
But I say that to say this your hard work and love for what you do is transparent thru each person that comes to view Concepts Productions. Keep up the good work. You have another year upon you. Stay "FOCUSED" ( that was a hot metaphor and I don't even spit imagine if I did!!!) Peace. Let's hit 09' like 12 dump trucks!!! One!!!

Anonymous said...

It's been an expierence live vicariously thru your lens and blogs. It's good to see people respond weather it's for or against what you blog about. I can imagine the appreciatiation that you have everytime someone leaves a comment. The hard work and long lost hours meeting your infamous deadline Tuesdays!! Just imagine staying up on a Monday night waitng for 12:01 am to come hoping to see what you look like at that event that j Wigg captured you on. Hoping he bigged you up in the caption. Or that next Ill blog for you to comment on. But it's not up yet. Then you check back at 12:30. Nope. Then you check again because you can't wait to drag and drop YOUR pic on your Myspace page or facebook. Ok maybe it's just me!!!!
But I say that to say this your hard work and love for what you do is transparent thru each person that comes to view Concepts Productions. Keep up the good work. You have another year upon you. Stay "FOCUSED" ( that was a hot metaphor and I don't even spit imagine if I did!!!) Peace. Let's hit 09' like 12 dump trucks!!! One!!!

Anonymous said...

I will say your blogs are like a buffet and keeps people coming back just as much as your pics do. Your site helps people get through the day well at least I know they help us at Farmers.

Anonymous said...

YO J. WIGG!
THIS YA BOY SUGA FOOT! YOU KNOW WE GO WAY BACK TO THE U.C.O. DAYS WHEN YOU USED TO TAKE THEM POWER NAPS EVERYTIME BEFORE WE WENT OUT! DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THEN BUT NOW I THINK I DO, YOU WERE DREAMING SUCCESS FOR YASELF! I'M GLAD THAT EVERYTHING IS WELL FOR YA DOG! SYAT BLESSED HOMIE!

Anonymous said...

Ok I started reading this blog a few days ago and just finished today! LOL But I can say it was well worth it and I enjoyed reading your blogs that were posted in previous months...I just started reading your blogs in December when I seen a bulletin that you posted on Myspace! I feel like I missed out because I could have been enjoying your blogs so much sooner (ya dig) but it's all good!

I wish you much success in 2009! You are an extremely talented individual! Thanks for making OKC (and the surrounding areas) look fabulous!

PIXIE said...

I must say that I enjoy your work!!! Keep doing what you do!!! There's no one like you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I sit and i wonder when i see your work, and this is no disrespect to the other picture artist out there, if you know how SUPERIOR your work is. From the extreme close up shot of an otherwise ordinary object, to the pictures of "us" taking pictures of "us", to the always present Final shot with tha wigg to end each session.

You are really in a class of your own. Too see that the mind is as on point as the pictures is a added bonus.

I say this about my crew all the time, but I think that you can definitely say it proudly and better yet mean it unlike a lot of other people that just quote the song:

NOBODY ON THE BLOCK HAS SWAGGER LIKE US!!!

Take a bow homey, you deserve it! and oh yeah Chea!

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...