If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beauty In Black and White - Art Showcase

A week ago I had the pleasure of covering an art showcase of an up and coming artistic millionaire Selena Moses. Her friends and family decided to hire Concepts Productions as a surprise since they knew that she was such a big fan of my work. I was extremely honored and humbled when I entered the room and she almost cried. Simply AMAZING! It just goes to show that there are people out there that TRULY support me and admire that work. It is definitely people like this that make my job the BEST job in the world. Being blessed beyond measure isn't just some nice saying... it honestly is a reality for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Now on to the art showcase. (I just had to get that out real fast... lol)

Selena has been drawing for a few years now. She has been known to carry her #2 pencil with her when she goes to her "9 to 5" so that she can create her masterpieces in her spare time. It kinda reminds me of how I used to work at a telemarketing firm in college and I would always have my notebook with me to write down my poetic expressions. I arrived to the event ready to shoot the life changing event equipped with my camera, spare memory cards, and the eye of an eagle. My goal was to not only capture the individual pieces of art but to also capture the energy and electricity of the room. The guest list was limited to family and friends of the family. Whenever you get family and TRUE friends to support you in an event, the energy is always nothing short of magical. One of my favorite Oklahoma City Bands EQUILIBRIUM was there to bless the room with live music. After greeting and meeting a few new faces, I mentally devised my plan of attack for the evening. Here is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy.






The 44th President of the United States of America... Barack Obama





















Great Energy makes for GREAT images! CHEA!



There was an auction for all of the images that you see pictured in this blog. You already know that the Barack joint was the very FIRST one to sell. I should have purchased it first. It would have looked great in my living room. HA!





There are are still some available art pieces for sale. With Selena being a true artist, I'm sure that she is creating yet another masterpiece as we speak. For more info on some of her art and availability, please email her at selenamoses@att.net She also does CUSTOM pieces. All she needs is a pic and she can create the magic for you!

Below is a slideshow that further details the Beauty In Black and White Showcase..


For a bigger and better resolution version, please click right here... You will need to have the FREE QUICKTIME PLAYER to view. Just download it and enjoy the video...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pics with the art pieces. Selena is definitely a mad scientist with the hand. What a night. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

She's definetly got skills, wish I woulda known about it thats something i'd attend. She'll make it to the top.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! J, you are the 'bomb.com'! Thanks alot, man. I draw the amazing photos that geniuses like you create. Of course, I'm a fan!!!! My husband, my family, and I really appreciate ya. See you at the next one. So, how can I buy prints ASAP?

Anonymous said...

'Preciate you supporting my wife. We need to do that again soon. Selena, you amaze me every time you pick up the pencil. I love you. PS, ?uestlove is still not for sale.

Anonymous said...

Selena's art is definetly a breath of fresh air and her talent is undeniable, it speaks for itself. God is truly blessing her and He will continue to bless her. She's one of the best artist to come around in a long time. Only great things will follow, and I cant wait to see it!! Of course the pics are amazing J. Wiggins, you too are truly blessed in what you do, to both of you keep it up and much success.

Anonymous said...

Anything for Selenas, hey Beautiful woman, its(Josiahs mom), girl, i had no idea how mad your skills are. You are doing you thing and it shows,keep moving your hand and making the led spread joy through the photo of a good woman. I'm getting things together, but we still gone do lunch, Smiles~

Leametria Winford said...

Selena this is Meechie. Girl I knew you had skills from the Qustion picture you drew. But I never realized how truly blessed your skills are. Your work is Pure Perfection. Keep using your God given talent and keep it pushin.

Love you

Leametria a.k.a. Meechie

Anonymous said...

This is your big sis!!! From the time you were born, I knew you would be something!!! Even at the age of 6 years!!! I love you and don't let anyone stop you from doing what you do best!!! It's music from a pencil!!!!

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...