If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday Night Live featuring Equilibrium

Every now and then when I have free time, I like to go to random events and practice new techniques. I had a photographer tell me a while back that we must all practice whenever we are free so that we can get better. "You shouldn't only pick up your camera on gameday" is the quote that goes through my head quite often. On a Friday night back in June before one of my paid events, I decided to stop by the UCO Jazz Lab to check out some live music and get some practice in some harsh lighting conditions. The Jazz Lab boast some very sexy red lighting as well as some nice ceiling. Although it is very intimate and appealing to the audience, it is almost pure hell for a photographer. Due to the conditions, the subjects often come out looking either red or pink. The white colors appear to be pinkish and brown skin tones turn a reddish orange. Not a good look.

Equilibrium was playing that night so it was a great opportunity to catch up with some friends and support some of the members of the band. Shouts out to my friends TJ (On the Keyboard) and Chubb. (On the Drums) Their band has been performing around Oklahoma City for awhile and I had to give them some shine. I'm a sucka for live music and I always try to support local artist as much as I can.

































Thanks for supporting the site. Your comments are always welcomed!

-J. Wiggins of Concepts Productions

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. I was wondering if I was gonna get to see these test shots at some point.

Good looking out on supporting my boys, Wig.

The other members of the band are

Than (on the Gutair and vocals), he has one of the most unique singing voices I've ever heard.

Lou (on the Bass) and

Duece (on the Saxaphone).

They are definitly one of Oklahoma's hidden gems.

~Brad

Chubb said...

Thanks for the support. Keep doing your thang J. Wiggins.

~BOOMER SOONER!

Anonymous said...

Equiliibrium is doing there thang... great job courtney aka Chubb, thats my cuzzin killin the drums, what a talented fam we have

Anonymous said...

Yep. They gets down. Glad to see Concepts caught up to them and put them out there like they need to. Shoutouts to T.J., and Edgar, and BIG shoutouts to Chubb-->Keep doin' ya thang boy! Best drummer alive!!
TrisDogg
AKA
Black-N-Mild#1

Anonymous said...

Hey Boss, I was wondering if you were going to put these up or if you were just out shoot random stuff. Keep doing you J. Wigg.

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...