So what made you want to be a DJ?
"I never wanted to be a DJ... I always wanted to play football. My dream was to play in the NFL and I believed that all the way until I was 30."
When you were growing up, what did you want to be when you grew up?
"I wanted to be an Astronaut... After awhile the football dream surfaced. My plan was to play for OU then get drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Do you still think that I have a chance?" lol...
In 14 years of broadcast radio, what would you say is your most memorable moment?
"My memorable moment was when I met James Brown. He invited me to come hang out with him and his band in Vegas. James Brown was AMAZING because the way he carried himself on stage was the same way he was in person. He had the flashy clothes, eye liner, hairdo... the whole nine. He was an extremely down to earth person despite all of his fame."
If you could change anything that you have done in the last 14 years, what would it be?
I would have travelled more and explored more markets. I love to see new places and I really didn't take advantage of that when I had the chance.
What advice would you give to up and coming radio personalities?
"Don't shine before your time... They all want to be famous in a short amount of time but they don't realized that THEY are not the focus... the station is the focus. It is ok to say your name on the radio but you must say the stations name MORE. You must act like your station is the only one that exist. It is also very important to listen and understand the other genre's of music."
Who gave you your first big break?
"Rochel Wright (RW) and his wife in Kansas gave me my first weekend gig. The rest was history. Mr and Mrs. Valle in Wichita Kansas had alot of influence in my first big break.
At what point did you look in the mirror and realize that you made it?
" When I earned my first morning show is when I realized that I made it. The biggest audiences in radio are generally in the morning since that is when most people are heading to work and are at the office.
Is there anything else that you want your fans to know Scott?
"If you are diggin’ it I’m lovin’ it… and I’m loving the fact that you are diggin’ it. Some days you have days when you don’t want to be bothered. I do it for the people. That further lets you know why I do what I do… for the people and for the station."
Thank you for taking the time out to review the interview. Please sure to keep Scott Wrights family in your prayers. Unfortunately, he lost his mother over the weekend. Keep your head up Scott!
-J. Wiggins
Concepts Productions
1 comment:
THIS IS VERY WELL DESERVED TO LEGEND IN THE OKC AREA ON THE RADIO. IN HONOR OF 14 GREAT AND MEMORABLE YEARS ON THE RADIO. THIS MAN IS MY HEART AND FOREVER MY FRIEND. I LOVE YOU SCOTT!! MANY PRAYERS TO YOU.
Post a Comment