If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Concepts Appreciation Week!!!

Four years ago this month, I had a dream that I owned a graphic design and videography firm. It was then that I decided to start a company that I named "Concepts Productions" which is named after my old collection of poems known as my "Concepts". The name "Concepts" was inspired by my friend/fraternity brother/poet named Chris who went by his psuedo nickname "Chris Concept". In November of 2005, I decided to add photography as one of the services and eventually launched the website in January of 2006. Since September of 2004, I have had my fair share of ups and downs... successes and failures... Overall, I have loved the time that I have shared with the people of Oklahoma City and surrounding areas!

I just wanted to take the time out of my schedule to thank EVERYONE who has supported me over the years! I know that the phrase "Thank You" has almost turned into a cliche' for most people but I'm honestly saying thank you from the bottom of my heart! I'm a firm believer in the statement, "If there is no YOU there is no ME..." I'm smart enough to realize that I CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT YOU and I thank you for all of your support! It doesn't matter if you are someone who has hired me to capture your special moments, someone who posted one of my pics on the their facebook/myspace, or someone that I haven't even met that search the site every Tuesday... Everyone is just as important to my success and I thank you. Behind Barack Obama and Sports, ConceptsProductions.com is probably one of the most talked about subjects in the local barbershops, hair salons, and college campuses. I always had big dreams but I never thought thought that it would be like THIS. My boy Coop refers to me as "Oklahoma's Hood Historian" because I have OKC nightlife archived since 2005. Of course I'm not available to shoot EVERY event but I did/do capture the events that matter.

There is nothing that feels better to me then people coming up to me and telling me how much they enjoy my website and blogs. Since I have a very small microscopic circle of friends, I don't hear the website accolades as much as you think. That is the reason why I'm so adamant about people signing my guestbook. Going back and reading my guestbook keeps me strong during cloudy times in my life. Like I said before, I have my fair share of failures and they hurt me more than my clients will ever know. Viewing my guestbook makes me smile and provides me with the courage to continue to work harder. I am NOWHERE NEAR where I want to be but I'm slowly getting there. To be honest, I don't even think I'm all that great of a photographer. I just think I'm a little better than the average person. I love what I do and I have so much fun doing it! No event is too small and no celebrity is too big. I tackle every project as if it were my last. Thank you so much for everyone that leaves comments in my guestbook and blogs. You have no idea what you are doing for me. Thank you...

The past two months have been extremely hectic for me with the deaths of my friends Rick and A Ray and I have slowed down considerably. In fact, I decided not to shoot any new events for the past month and half so that I can get over this hump. (Thanks for your prayers) The only nightlife joints that I have shot are ones that were booked months ago. I still shoot private events so be sure to hire me for those. heehee... I will be BACK on the grind FULL SWING starting this weekend. It is about to GO DOWN OKC!!!

In honor of Concepts Productions, I would like EVERYONE to post their favorite Concepts pic of themselves on their Myspace and Facebook pages. (Tuesday September 23rd till next Tuesday) After you post your pic, please email me the link to your page so that I can view it. (jwiggins@conceptsproductions.com) From there, I will put your name in a drawing for a FREE photo shoot. Sound fair? Fellas, if you don't want a free photo shoot, I can get you FREE VIP at one of the parties that I shoot. Sound fair? Lets make it happen! Thanks again for your support. Don't forget that no matter where I do, "Oklahoma is always on my BACK...ALWAYS..."

-J. Wiggins of THE ONE AND ONLY Concepts Productions.com..... CHEA!

Be on the look out for future blogs... "The Updated Man Laws" and "Deductive Reasoning = 4"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 4 years strong. You work is beautiful and it is far beyond average. Your style is sometimes unique. I always look at your site while taking a break from working. May God bless your passion for photography and help you to grow far beyond where you thought you would ever go.
~Furlow

Anonymous said...

J you know you the bomb.Lol. Congrats on four years!! You know I love your work. It's beyond average!!! You will and I truly believe you will go VERY, VERY far with this!!!! Now i need to go figure out which pic is my favorite and post it on my page.....

Shantel said...

We appreciate you Mr. Wiggins!!!!!!!!

It sucks that I'm probably the ONLY chick in OKC without a photo with CONCEPTS PRODUCTIONS.COM plastered across it. Woe is me. No free shoot for ya girl I guess...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Congrats J.Wigg! And stop being so modest you are a great photographer...so good I will hire you to do my wedding!

Keisha said...

Congratulations on having 4 successful years! Faith, motivation and drive can go a long way. I really need a photo shoot, but I am going to wait until my hair grow a little longer....LOL.

Keisha B.

Anonymous said...

Congrats,
Your beyond average..you capture people's best moments!I love looking at your website, keeps me from going crazy at work or in class!I haven't been on your site once..lol...I am unattainable. Just joking maybe one day though!
Take care!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

I found your blog through your friend that submitted your blog to Martha Stewart.
Your photos/perspecitve are awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank You cliche'? Oh Never - it's still an unheard phenomenon...
Keep up your awesome work!

icedowt said...

Say bruh, I'm beyond proud of you going out of your comfort zone and making this site and business such a success! Man! When I grow up, I hope to have the 'balls' to jump out there like you did and make a dream come tru!

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...