Today is my birthday and those who follow my blog know how big I am about giving people their flowers while they are still here. This is your chance to give me mine on my birthday. Please choose one thing off this list or you can do all three.
1) You can give me my flowers. Feel free to leave your personal thoughts about our friendship.
2) You can tell me how we first met.
3) You can tell me your memorable moment with me OR something I did/said that made you laugh/smile or inspired you.
Answering these questions will put a HUGE SMILE on my face for my birthday!! Thank you so much !!!!
If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Concepts Productions
- Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
- Professional Photographer...

30 comments:
My first encounter with you was actually on Twitter. I started following you and my initial thought was this guy is CRAZY!!! LOL! But I couldn't get enough of your randomness and very blunt posts. Every since then I have been glued to pretty much everything you write. I sit in amazement at your creativity. Your writings make me look at things in a totally different perspective and I have actually learned some things. Conversating with you puts a smile on my face. You can be super sweet and at times harsh but you are YOU!! and you are definitely one of a kind. My memorable moment with you will have to be my birthday photo shoot. I was so nervous but you made me feel comfortable and I thank you again for that. I'm glad I decided against the few shots of vodka beforehand..lol.
I have said this before but I think you are AWESOME. You are creative, intelligent, handsome, funny..and the list goes on. You are just plain DOPE!!! And I am so glad to have met you.
You give so much of yourself on a daily basis and I hope today you just take time out and do something that makes YOU smile. Happy Birthday, J!! I hope this one is your best one yet. Enjoy :)
1. I'm not just happy, but honored to know you. While I don't dwell on regrets, I do have some, and one is losing touch with you for way too long. I'm grateful you have a place for me in your life once more. My life is better with you in it. I know no one else who is equal parts confident and humble, loving and firm, hilarious and serious. 2. WOSC tutoring in Altus. Working and writing together and especially the drives home are still some of the most special times of my life. They helped shape me, and I go back to them when I feel a little lost or wonder how much more I can handle. 3. A story you told me that happened at the base commissary when you worked. Although it was not a good one, it showed me your character better than anything else ever had, and proved to me that it IS okay that I also use humor to get through difficult [although very different] situations, and that you're not just my friend, but I get to have a man to look up to as well. On a positive note, you're one of the best huggers ever to do that deed. And for a girl like me who is sustained by those, that shit matters. I celebrate you today and throughout the year. Your success as a photographer is awesome and I support you completely. Your success as a human is so much more though, and means you'll never, ever be anything less than vital to every single person you come across. Big ups and all my love, Jamal.
Happy Birthday
Celebrating birthdays is not merely a convention. Birthdays are occasions to celebrate one's growth, maturity, and development. Birthdays remind us that the gift of life is the most precious and important one
Thanks so much for encouraging me, you are such a awesome friend.
Hope you have a great day :)
J... You are one of a kind !!! Ive never met no one quite Like you!!! You are so upfront and personal it can be scary to some or offensive!!! We met one day at a first Friday and you was doing your usual thing of course, taking pictures!!! I decided that day I wanted to be just like you !!! Bold, outgoing and say what was On mymind the rest is history!!! Lol
1) I'm super glad I know you. Nuff said. I've told you that before. lol
2) Wow, how did we meet... I'm pretty sure it was a step show of some sort or its after party. Something greek. My clearest first memories of you and I involve aftersets and Neek Frasty. I'm not sure. But I'm glad we did.
3) your work inspires me, I'm inspired by a black man owning and succeeding while perusing his passion and that's you in a nutshell
Happy Birthday Friend!
I don't know you personally, but the most memorable thing was the post that you had appreciating the true female form. Stretch marks, and pooches letting us know that real men are not all that concerned about that. I figured if someone who photographs people at there best, is telling us it's ok to not be perfect, he must be an awesome person. HBD.
Happy Birthday Jwigg! You are one of the coolest cats I have ever met! I met u at AIO when they were doing poetry there a few years ago. I love how open you are, how oh so real you are and that you are so very much fun to hang out with.. I love u big n hope u have an awesome birthday!
1. Happy Birthday Day my dear friend JWigg!!!
2. We met at the Office
3. Memorable moment.......um! well you know! Lol.
Something you did - "dancing photographer". Hip Hop Style!!
Inspiration - You inspire me to smile *"chea" and to just be me. I love your blogs, writings, and your jokes. If I ever need to talk or laugh I know I can go to you! Your an awesome person! I admire your work and enthusiasm to be the best at what you do!! Keep being you and inspiring others.
Have a Super *"Dope" Day!!!!!
*words of jwigg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Cool people recognize cool people! Enough said. #TeamLeo
Happy birthday J.Wigg! You are one cool cat. My memorable moments with you have been the times you have photographed me. My first shoot with you, down in Norman was fun. You kept me from being nervous. That is when I realized that you are a nut! My second favorite time with you was when you photographed me and the Torreys. We had an absolute blast with you that morning. And the pics came out great. You are able to capture emotions. Feelings. And I appreciate it. Keep doing what you do. Don't compromise for anyone. Keep being you. Here is to many more happy birthdays!
Happy Birthday J Wigg! You are truly a person, deserving of flowers. You are an amazing individual, your smile can light up a room and your words can inspire the soul. We met when you and I worked at OMAX back in the day. We weren't extremely close, but I still considered us friends more than acquaintances. As a entrepreneur, you inspire me with your words of wisdom, your ups & downs, your honesty, no matter what you always keep it 100% (Even the Big Ol Booty comment, I was like did he really just tell me that, lol) You are a rare find J, an inspiring person, I wish you nothing but success and many many more blessings in the future! Happy Birthday and much love!
I don't remember meeting you until high school. I do remember you being a great friend and still are to this day. Love how our friendship is able to pick right up no matter how much time has passed. You've accomplished great things and can't wait to see what else is in store for you! Still not used to the whole "J. Wigg" but I'm catchin on. Lol this pic is def "showin some teeth" Happy Birthday!!!
I left you a post for your day but... I'd like to join in and give you some flowers... 1) You are a magnificent photographer with a genuine personality that shines through the FB social internet waves on a daily basis. 2) & 3) I have followed your work for some time due to fact you have some of the best photos I have a ever seen in my life of so many wonderful events. However, you blessed me with your presence of artistry when you came out to my son's head start prom and took the pictures of all of the little people. I'm sure they didn't understand but I was pleased and very thankful that you took the time out to show how special that you are by giving the parents the memories they will now cherish for their life time!! As many events that you capture on a weekly basis, I just only recently in April have the pleasure of having you take my pic. I loved it. Have a AWESOME day for you are an AWESOME, SKILLED, TALENTED, SPITTING THE TRUTH, REAL, HUMBLE, POSITIVE MOTIVATION, young MAN. I pray that you continue to stay blessed more abundantly each day of your life.
Happy Birthday J. You are truly a gem!!!!
How we met? You snapping my pic then saw you at church!
Most memorable moment hmmm tapout!!!! (Insider)
What you have done to make me smile is just being you! You are awesome you smile when you dont want to you are encouraging to others and just an inspiration. I love and really hope you enjoy your day cause you truly derseve the best for all you do for others even if you think you don't!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Chea!!!!!
Happy Birthday J Wig! I hope you have a wonderful day and get all of your heart's desires! Thank you for always being so encouraging and uplifting! SkeePhi!
How we first met - my memory is kind of foggy I was at an OU frat skating party with Najah Hobbs-Smith and I was talking to two Kappas Robert and Corey and you asked us to take a pic and me being my hot tailed self I made sure my booty was sticking out in every one of them, King magazine would have called me back in those days lol. You gave me your card for Concept Productions and asked me to support I said I would and I have thru all these years. You have a great spirit, its been a joy knowing you and I wish you nothing but the best on your day! See you Friday make sure your MJ moves are tight so we can show out.
1) sorry thoughts are personal and I have to keep them there from the public
2) Cheevers
3) photo shoot at the Devon Towers was the most memorable of the entire shoot. Can't forget that. I smiled the whole day. My cheeks were sore the next day. Thanks!
You make me smile all the time just being you i would love to sit by you at church because when coleman would say hit your neighbor and you would act like you were about to slap me we would both just laugh but it touch me when I would go to the alter and I would cry and I will feel some one rubbing by back and would turn around and it would be you with open arms ready to give me that nice hug and I just want to thank you for that keep being you boo!!
I met u the first time at a family reunion at Urban Roots.....then I was blessed to hv I as my photographer for my wedding! You are awesome! Have a great bday!
To Mr. J. Wiggins, Shawty Doo Wop, etc. You are a pioneer in social photography and created a lane for a lot of people to make a career and some money. We met at Dear Langston University when I was in my fraternity phase of life. You were a true brother from the "Killer Chapter" that always held it down for the Black & Old Gold wherever you went. What I like most about you is your creativity, heart and ability to be candid at most times. There is strength in creative freedom and you express that daily. I especially appreciate you giving me my inspiration and start with my camera and all of the advice that came after that point. I wouldn't be where I am creatively without your fingerprints on my life sir, and for that I am eternally grateful. Amongst the many days that you have been blessed to see, I hope that this special day is one that forever stands out as being one of intimate reflection, humility, gratitude and most importantly somehow, somewhere, with some woman it ends with the GREATEST HAPPY ENDING OF ALL TIME!
1. I'm not just happy, but honored to know you. While I don't dwell on regrets, I do have some, and one is losing touch with you for way too long. I'm grateful you have a place for me in your life once more. My life is better with you in it. I know no one else who is equal parts confident and humble, loving and firm, hilarious and serious. 2. WOSC tutoring in Altus. Working and writing together and especially the drives home are still some of the most special times of my life. They helped shape me, and I go back to them when I feel a little lost or wonder how much more I can handle. 3. A story you told me that happened at the base commissary when you worked. Although it was not a good one, it showed me your character better than anything else ever had, and proved to me that it IS okay that I also use humor to get through difficult [although very different] situations, and that you're not just my friend, but I get to have a man to look up to as well. On a positive note, you're one of the best huggers ever to do that deed. And for a girl like me who is sustained by those, that shit matters. I celebrate you today and throughout the year. Your success as a photographer is awesome and I support you completely. Your success as a human is so much more though, and means you'll never, ever be anything less than vital to every single person you come across. Big ups and all my love, Jamal.
so happy to wish you a blessed happy birthday! we first met spiting poetry in the Paseo with COOPER & SHENU.............................fun times.....wishing you the best!!!!
I met you on a Purvey natural hair shoot...I was like who's this lil man...I was talking trash and you were talking trash...You don't mind chastising anybody when needed...You are very funny and you love God....photography is your passion, you're a man of consciousness, passion for people, respect for art and free in who you are...I love it and God bless you extra special today!
First met at work. I hated that job! I'm so glad to see that you have followed your heart and turned your passion for art into a career. That within itself is an inspiration!
I would love to give you some flowers... you honestly rock man.... I met you thorough tingle but I didnt know you, know you. But since the day we met, every time I see you, you stay real and great me and that means a lot to me. We may not know alot about each other but I honestly call you friend. I love you respect you, and will take up for you any day. You make people feel valued with and with out your camera... thank you j... happy birthday.
One word....Spagachos, circa 2003. I was so proud of my invention but you an Eric D. Tingle Sr. considered it a violation and chopped me everytime you would see me. So glad you can't "chop" me over Facebook! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday for the 100th time today. You know me and you go back like gum on a shoe. I cant get rid of you. You make me laugh when i don't want to. You make me think about life from a different perspective when I read your posts. I adore how you love hip-hop and I can almost guarantee it loves you back. I Love your poetry and the view from your lens is breathtaking. And as for you, J. Wiggins you are just awesome. I met you at Purple for the first time. Enough said glad to know you and I will consider you fam for life.
1) I'm not sure I would say we're friends friends not even sure we've met officially in real life...we've had a couple of convos and respect the male advice you've given...i think if I really needed male advice you'd give it to me straight no chaser! 2) Like I said before I don't think we've met met...but Got to know you based on a group we're in! 3) Something that makes me really like you is that...is bc you clown like crazy but there's way more to you...you have layers a man of substance...and when you mix the two...I think that makes on great man/person! Something that all always remember is me taking something too seriously and you told me to basically lighten...which generally is who I am! There was some advice you gave that wasn't necessarily like all Einstein ish but common sense and I screen shot it bc it was just common sense and it instantly changed my approach! You inspire me bc you always seem to shine...and find reasons to find blessings in just living even when shit just ain't right! I dig that! Hope you have a good one! #1 fan
I don't go out much anymore but I am truly blessed to know you and have been in your presence. Anytime I see you, you always have me laughing with your humorous personality. I definitely enjoyed swing class with you, you got the moves boo!!!! Lol I pray this birthday is one of the most memorable birthdays ever and that you get all the desires of your heart. You touch so many lives whether its ftom behind a camera, through a facebook post or simply with a smile. I know no one is perfect but I know God is looking down smiling because on this day he created you and you have touched hearts and minds that he knew only you would be able to touch. I don't see you much anymore but I had to stop and take this time to say Happy Birthday J.Wiggins!!! Love you for all you do **Live, Love, Laugh** IT'S YO BIRTHDAY MAAAAN LOL
We hv nvr actually met, but I love ur posts and our online conversations! U are a class act! Maybe we'll meet one day. In the meantime, have a wonderful birthday!!
Post a Comment