If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013





#PoeticLips

I woke up and wrote a poem about you... The metaphors roared quietly as I reminisced about the day we met... 
Our words danced like Debbie Allen and Alvin Ailey and since you really can't dance, the simile made you smile once I said it and you went back and reread it...
My verbs pop-locked while your nouns up rocked and the beatbox kept our conversation on beat.

Our dialogue went platinum...

I have pushed play on our first conversation in my head a million times.
We rapped rhymes rhythmicly better than Peter Piper picked peppers and the alliteration in our sentences tied our tongues together before we ever tied them in real life.

Our souls kissed...

We had a threesome with personification. You, Me, and She gave life to our syllables and they gave birth to our conversations. We chopped it up.... Sound by sound our compound words were strict like Haiku's and every line was perfectly metered. 
We never watered our words, drunk off of our poetic energy we were WORD WASTED.

You gave me a shot of you and now you burn in my chest. I can't sleep...
I said all of this to say that I miss you... Goodnight



-J. Wiggins
4.19.2013    3:38am

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this poem !!! The play on words is genius. Everytime I read it I smile :)

T. Ruffin said...

I love all of your poems but this one is #1 on my list. I have it saved on my phone to read every so often. The words are beautiful. I have to admit I've never really paid much attention to poetry until I started reading your material. They have given me a whole new outlook on it. You are awesome J and I think I have to officially name you my favorite poet. Yep, even in retirement !

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this! U are truly blessed with a gift to inspire and motivate! I am always in awe by your creativity!

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...