If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nic's Food Review



Burgers have become ubiquitous: almost every restaurant sells them—and they all claim to have the best. Take your pick: national chains like Braums, McDonalds, Red Robins and local spots like Red Horse Grill and Geronimo’s—they all sell burgers and they all claim to have the best.

Not true. There is a spot in OKC that surpasses them all: Nic’s Grill. Yeah, I said it. Nic’s has the best burger I’ve ever tasted. I’m right, and yo mama would agree.

What makes a burger great? Easy: flavor, texture, and moisture. Nic’s scores top marks in each area.
Nic’s burgers are made to order on an old school grill manned by Nic himself. No, there is not a kitchen in the back that claims to make the burger fresh each time. Nor are there unseen cooks in charge of your food who may or not be acting in accordance with sanitation guidelines. You watch Nic make your burger—a rarity in these days. What you get is a thick burger with depth of flavor, and toppings that are fresh.

Want a gourmet burger on a freshly baked artisan bun with aged Gouda cheese? Take your bourgeois self to Paris. Want a great, All-American burger? Go to Nic’s.
-Knowledge



This video was recorded in February of 2011. Due to our busy schedules, we never got the chance to post the video and share the beauty of Nic's Grill with the world. Just last week after our year and about 100 random burgers later, we decided to give Nic's another shot. We were amazed a second time. I will go on yet another limb and say that Nic's is the best burger in O-City. Their burgers are extremely thick, juicy, and jam packed with flavor. The coolest thing about the burger is that they remind me of my Pops' "Bronto Burgers". He would just grab the biggest hand full of beef and just throw it on the grill. No measuring cups, no spatula, no nothing... Just a hand full of American beef and a few spices. Inside of the restaurant is probably just a little bigger than my childhood kitchen. Nic's sits about 13 people and there is always a line outside.

I craziest thing about this review is that we still feel the same way that we did a year ago. The burger at Nic's is a bad mama jama. As Knowledge stated before, the grill is manned by Nic himself and you get a chance to watch him make your burger to order. What you can't see in the video is all of the regular customers that come in and are acknowledged immediately by Nic and the other waiter. For the most part, the waiter already knows what kind of drink they want and how they like their burgers cooked... he just asked to make sure that there aren't any changes. Consumers LOVE THAT!

I know that everyone has their own burger preferences. Recently we have heard a lot about "5 Guys" and to be honest I really really hate them. lol... Some people may say Irma's and I admit that they make a great burger as well. There is just something about Nic's that is just like a clutch Jordan jump shot in the 4th quarter. There is something about the burger that makes you want to eat every single bite. There is something about Nic's that makes you want to pause your conversation and watch him make your burger from start to finish. I'm not sure what that something is but I challenge you to pay them a visit and figure it out.

Thank you for reading and watching our video! We need a big favor from you guys. Everyone in Oklahoma LOVES BBQ. With that being said, WHO has the BEST BBQ in the city? Let us know so that we can pay them a visit! Please leave your comments on the blog! Thanks !!!
-J. Wiggins

2 comments:

Taisha R. said...

I havent heard of Nic's. BUT based on your video & review it is definitely a place I will have to check out. That burger looks yummy..

Anonymous said...

Hey J Wigg, Shauna and I finally made it to Nic's after hearing a lot about them. I'm a huge burger fan and Nic's burgers are awesome, I actually couldn't eat all mine and Shauna and I shared an order of fries. We do however, like Smash Burger, Tucker's is ok but they don't have bacon :-(....The only bad thing about Nic's is they're only open for a few hours- breakfast through lunch...(Reginald H)

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...