If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Mr. Make It Happen

Three years ago, one of my good friends was taken from this earth. Paul A. Shanor was shot and killed on January 15th, 2006 by a random act of senseless violence. His death affected many different people all from various walks of life. Who knew that someone could bring all of these people together? I had no idea how much his death would change my life.

One of Pauls favorite sayings was "Make It Happen". A year after his passing, Pauls mother came to the campus of the University of Oklahoma and asked us all one question. "What have you done to make it happen?" One by one students, friends, fraternity brothers, and acquaintances began approaching the podium to share with the packed audience in Meacham Auditorium what they had "done" since the previous year. When it was my turn, I explained to Miss Shanor about Concepts had made major moves since the previous year. In fact, I had just started shooting events two months before his death. I was brand new and I had no idea where I wanted to go with photography. I explain to people all the time about how I was a "picture taker" for two months and didn't evolve into a "photographer" until shortly after his passing.

One of the things that scares me the most is that I captured an image of him just hours before he was murdered. From there I realized that every picture could be their last. I take my job extremely serious and I'm always passionate about getting better and perfecting my craft. I decided to Make It Happen full swing. I often wonder who is out there capturing the memories of J. WIGGINS? Think about it, I am behind the camera about 98% of the time. Who is taking pics of ME? Whenever someone ask to take a pic of me/with me I jump at the opportunity. Contrary to popular belief, I enjoy being in pics too! I just so happen to be good behind the camera and that is why I spend most of time there. I strongly encourage people who attend parties to bring their digital cameras so that I can be a part of YOUR memories too. That would mean alot to me.

Listing all of my accomplishments in this blog would simply take all day. I can simply take a moment just to THANK GOD for my talent and patience with Concepts. I am truly blessed and I never thought that it would be like THIS.. No idea. Thank you to everyone who supports me because you too will also be a part of the success story that I tell my unborn kids. I am blessed beyond measure and all I can do is THANK HIM.

With that being said, what do YOU plan to do in 2009 to "Make It Happen"? This is deeper than that New Years Resolution that you probably already broke. What are your goals this year? Your comments are welcomed, needed, and much appreciated. Thanks in advance!



-J. Wiggins also known as "Mr. Make It Happen"
(Cleaning the windows of his life so that you can see him more clearly...)

Photobucket
Wigg and Jesse James of 9Entertainment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the pic from NYE of you & Edwina? (It's in my Myspace album - check it out!) And I will have my camera Sunday so be prepared! LOL

My "Make It Happen" for 2009 will be starting my consulting & my online businesses and getting my book published so keep a look out for ya girl!!

Nice blog - keep 'em coming!

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...