In my opinion, the thing that REALLY makes Warren Unique is the balcony seating. The balcony area is an area that is not accessible to those under 21 and comes equipped with waitresses, alcoholic beverages, and food courtesy of the diner. How fly is THAT?... Although the tickets cost DOUBLE of what it cost to sit in the rest of the theatre, I knew I had to give it a shot. What did I have to loose except the extra $9 it cost to be up there? I made it happen… lol
My boy Coop was urging me to see Iron Man because he said it would be dope. I took his advice and went to see it. When I purchased my tickets, the lady asked me for my ID… I looked at her crazy like, “Don’t let this baby face fool you lady! I’m a grown man…” I gave it to her and she looked at me like I had stolen my older brothers drivers license. Ahh well. I’m grateful for my extremely “boyish” looks. CHEA! When I received my tickets, I headed to the balcony where I was met by not one but TWO gentlemen (One at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top) who insisted on seeing my ID again for a second and third time. By this time I was cool with them asking me. It made me feel comfortable knowing that they were adamant about not letting LIL NINJAS infiltrate the “adults only” environment… I smiled.
Once I passed Top Flight Security, (Not just the city but the whole world craig…) I went and sat down in my ASSIGNED seat. Yes you read that right… They have assigned seating so make sure you get their early because you end up at a location that you don’t want to be…. But I digress… So I sat down in the seat and I felt like I was doing something wrong. Remember that big comfortable chair that your grandma/grandpa had in their house when you were younger and NOBODY was permitted to sit in? Well, this is what THIS seat felt like. I felt as though my grandma Mary (RIP) was going to come out of the back room with a SWITCH and beat me senseless… I really did look behind me when I sat down though. Real spit. In front of me was a menu that had the option of getting drinks, food, and whatever else you could think of. I had to go ahead and order a pizza because I have never ordered a pizza in a dang movie theatre before. Lol.. I will tell my unborn children about this experience one day. HA! My waiter wasn’t all that great. In fact, I’m almost for certain it was his first week on the job. (If you are reading this and it really WAS NOT your first day on the job, just lie and say it was cause you weren’t very good) I’m not going to tell you about his shortcomings but just know that the other waiters are actually really good. Now on to the rest of the story…
The movie began and my pizza loaded with all of the meat in the world was brought out to me. The movie was great and it lived up to the hype that people were saying about it. The theatre’s surround sound was off the chain! Like I said before, I’m a sucka for surround sound. In a nutshell, the Warren balcony experience is a must see. In my opinion, it is better than the Harkins “Cine-Capri” in Bricktown. Go see for yourself. Warren is a great place to just splurge or “mini-ball” for a second. Lol.. Tickets are about $18 to sit in the balcony section. If you have a date, multiply that by two. Then you have food and drinks and you will have yourself a nice $80 date or Ed Hardy shirt. HA! Well maybe not that much but you get what I’m saying. I wouldn’t advise seeing EVERY movie in the balcony. That can get a bit PRICEY. Aren’t those stimulus checks coming in now? Besides, the regular theatres inside Warren are actually really nice too.
I know what you are thinking… Why is this photographer cat talking about his experience at the movie theatre? I did that for two reasons… 1. I wanted to give my website more personality. I guess that is the whole motivations behind creating the blog anyways. 2. People here in Oklahoma are always complaining that there is nothing to do… So before you are forced to spend your money on a shot in the dark, use this blog as a reference in your decision making process. Sound fair? Now who wants to go on a date with me? heehee... I'm just kidding.
Thanks for reading “A Day in the Life of Concepts Productions”. Please feel free to leave comments or sign the guestbook. Take care and stay blessed. Until next time…
-J. Wiggins
www.conceptsproductions.com
5 comments:
Hey J...It's da one and only Miss Mika...uh who did u take to the Warren Theater...let me find out u cheatin on me! I'm kiddin...I wanna go there. I hope it's worth the drive and money!
My co-worker and her husband went to Warren this past weekend and really enjoyed it. She said it was worth the money you pay which to me is pretty steep, but I'm always down for a change which we don't get much of here in OKC. Anyway, I'm definitely going to check it out. Since I can't get a date(cough cough)I will take my sidekicks...as soon as that rebate check hits the mail box...LMAO
By the way, you were off the chain Tuesday at the LIT...very impressed...my my my :-)
Dang...by reading your comments I see you got all kinda women waiting on dates! LOL...guess my turn isn't happening Nevruary 2009!
Anyhoooooooooooooo
Thanks for the commentary on The Warren Theater. I pass it everyday since its in my neck of the woods and I wondered was it worth the wait, and the price...but to be honest I have no desire to stop in there until it gets a bit old... Right now I'm sure everybody and their mama are in there trying to get THE WARREN EXPERIENCE...So I'll pass...I hate being in over packed theaters on weekend with wild azz teenagers!! Mood killer!!
Looks like I might have to check that spot out next time I'm back at the crib. Stay up fam.
-Ed.
www.edthesportsfan.com
Post a Comment