If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Just Do It... Don't Wait

#BreastCancerAwareness

I am completely at a loss for words right now. Heaven has gained another angel. I met Kanisha Banks last year on October 28th, 2014. She came over to my home along with a few of her friends to participate in my Breast Cancer Awareness photo shoot. During the shoot I did my best to make her feel comfortable. I spoke light convo and I made her laugh at my jokes as she posed for my camera. We were strangers to each other and we had to find a way to create some dope imagery in the short amount of time we were allotted. After our shoot, she casually sat back down on the couch with her friends and she began to speak. She spoke about her struggles with breast cancer. She talked about how she first got diagnosed and her thoughts/emotions behind that. She told me about her constant health problems. Before I knew it the room was filled with tears. The 4 of us lightly sobbed as she moved on to her present day situation where her cancer was back and it had spread. I promised her that in a few months I would interview her on camera because her story was just that compelling. Just a few moments ago, one of the young women that accompanied her on her shoot informed me of her death. Her passing has definitely taught me something that I thought I had already known. In life, WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO CREATE SOME DOPE IMAGERY IN THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME THAT WE ARE ALLOTTED.... Life doesn't last forever. IF I could go back in time, I would have pulled out my video equipment and rolled the tape right then and there. I waited too long. She was a woman that told me in so many words that her days were numbered and I still chose to wait... I waited too long and now my heart hurts like hell. R.I.P. Kanisha. You will be missed sweetheart. Tell my grandmother that I said hello. 
#ConceptsProductions #BreastCancerAwareness

No comments:

About Me

Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
Professional Photographer...