This is dedicated to ALL of the fellas out there that are dating or married to women that have kids from a previous relationship.
#DeadbeatDad
Dear deadbeat dad,
You have no idea how amazing your son is…
The way his brain works is nothing short of genius
I can look him in the eye and tell him that he can be ANYTHING that he wants to be and MEAN IT…
I mean he is brilliant… Kinda like he could do Astronauts homework if he wanted to but he’s only 4.
So he builds astronauts out of legos and furthermore
He can whip an iPad better than Steve Jobs ever could, speak perfect grammar like everyone should, and hold honesty in his eyes like I wish every man would…
But you ain’t know that though… You are too busy set trippin’ with baby mama
Not even realizing that a man you don’t even know is building a relationship with your seeds through your drama.
The only thing you have in common with your kids is the simply fact that they ARE kids and you just act like one.
It is brotha’s like me that tell your daughter that she is beautiful…
Constantly reminding her that her skin has been kissed by the sun,
And that her chocolate hue is beautiful and she should never forget that.
So on days when she feels that “white is alright” and “Black is a curse”, I look her in the eye and recite this verse….
“Baby girl… you are beautiful. God made you perfect. Your chocolate drop complexion is proof that UV rays do more blessing than hurting and yes… metaphorically speaking the sun does kiss us and makes our skin radiant and our souls shine. You are perfection wrapped up in a tiny 3 foot, 8inch first grade frame.”
So I say to you Mr. DeadBeat Dad you are missing out on Heaven’s angels.
If I had the chance, I would bottle up their laughs, mail them to your address just so you can open it up on your sad days and listen to what unconditional love sounds like.
Better yet, If I had the chance I would mail you a bottle of their tears for every year they asked Santa for you only to be let down by the Kryptonite of your absence, broken promises, and after Christmas deliveries from UPS.
Screw your Barbie’s and Legos. All they want is you.
I wish you would pour the bottle of tears over your head, allow the fiery moisture to seep into your eyes, erase all the memory from your tiny brain, make your heart burn like your aorta is made out of fireballs infused with poison tipped nails and microwaved on high for two weeks and THEN and ONLY THEN will you feel 1/16th of the heartache and pain that your children experience every single morning when they wake up… and throughout all that, their tiny charred and crispy hearts find a way to climb in their mothers bed and ask about you after they give her their morning kisses.
So imagine how HER heart feels…
I wish my hands were bigger so that I could catch more of their tears.
I wish my arms were bigger so that I could hug them a little tighter.
I wish that some days we didn’t have to do handstands… That is what we do whenever we want to literally turn our frowns upside down and be happy again.
Your children have strong arms and their tiny shoulders carry the weight of the world on them.
I’m teaching them how to be mental body builders so that their minds can be as strong as their bodies. Your kids are in great hands Mr. Deadbeat.
Just know that every time the sun shines on you, it is your daughters trillion watt smile that is so bright that it makes the darkness change clothes into the sun.
The mass choir of cirrus and cumulous clouds celebrate her beauty as they sing songs of forgiveness to your soul.
And the next time you see the miracle of a shooting star zipping past the sun in the day time, just know that YOUR SUN is right behind it.... in a spaceship… doing what he does best… being the best Astronaut that I taught him to be…
Sincerely,
-The Universe aka Stepdad
(Written by J. Wiggins)
#Poetry
"My pen is protruding from my chest… blood all over the paper… I'm writing from my heart right now… "
-J. Wiggins
If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Concepts Productions
- Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
- Professional Photographer...
1 comment:
This was wonderful J! It definitely made me tear up because I've lived through this with Bray, but thankfully we found someone who is filling that father figure role wholeheartedly.
((hugs))
Post a Comment