Last week, I was in New Orleans getting my "P1" status crackin' on Bourbon Street. I was in town for the National Black MBA Association conference and arrived a day early. While waiting for other members of my photography team to show up, I decided to pull out my nifty camera and capture a few images outside of Popeyes chicken. Yeah... I was craving Popeyes and I felt that was the best place to start my shooting. I captured whatever my eye felt was interesting. Once my boy Jeff showed up from LA, we decided to eat at a restaurant that didn't taste like or sound like Popeyes. The food ended up being GREAT and I definitely need to go there again. We walked outside just after the sun went down and was amazed... Bourbon Street was empty! Granted it was 8:00 but STILL. I had NEVER seen the street with ON ONE on it. I had to capture a shot and tried my best to get a sharp picture while obtaining a nice exposure. I attempted to capture as much ambient light as possible while trying to lighten up the sky a little.
I believe that every image is worth a thousand words. So what does THIS image say to YOU? Have you ever been to Bourbon Street? Has it always been packed? The view was eery to say the least. I was in aww and I spent the next 15 minutes trying to deliver something cool to put on my facebook... Yeah I said it... I needed a new facebook profile pic so that is where a majority of my motivation came from. Often times when I capture random images, no one ever gets a chance to see them. This blog is somewhat of my outlet to give you a behind the scenes view of "A Day In The Life of Concepts Productions". All photographers must sharpen their skills on a daily basis and here is an example of that. Let me know what you think. ENJOY!

-Empty Bottle of Bourbon
3 comments:
Oh my damn!! This is absolutely beautiful!!
Wow! I never knew that life and an empty street could have so much in common! At the end of the empty street all you have left is you and u should take in every moment of you because that's all that matters at that moment of clairity! Man how silence can seem so loud!!
DAMN!! J.WIGGS THE PIC WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! LIKE ALWAYS YOU WORK IS MARVELOUS!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BABY!!
Post a Comment