Daiquiri Zone closed almost two years ago and now a new giant is in its place. “Brix” is the newest upscale restaurant in the Bricktown OKC area. The ambiance is real nice and it is definitely a cool place to enjoy some of your favorite sports television. Upon entering the building, I couldn’t help but play, “What use to be right here?” as I made comparisons to the old Daiquiri Zone. Brix boasted one of the biggest projection screens that I have ever seen. The players were almost life size and the surround sound was definitely on deck.
Knowledge and I started the afternoon with some appetizers. It was some type of sampler that included chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, and fried pickles. I had never had fried pickles before but it is definitely something you must try just once. The chicken was a very healthy size and I was happy with the overall taste. I ordered the pasta and was impressed with it overall. Everyone knows that I order pasta everywhere I go and this dish did not let me down. The only problem that I had with Brix was the price. I am a firm believer in “appetizer pricing”. (Yeah I made that up) Simply put, it means that I don’t think that “appetizers” should cost as much as main entrĂ©e’s. To me they should cost less and be more reasonably price.
In conclusion, Brix delivers and it did not let us down. This is a good place to enjoy some good food and a nice sports environment. Check out the video so that you can experience all of the details of BRIX. Be sure to let them know that “Mr. Concepts” sent you.
-J. Wiggins
Untitled from J. Wiggins on Vimeo.
You don’t go to a seafood restaurant for the hamburgers. You don’t go to a pizza spot and complain when they don’t have oysters. If the place is billed as a seafood restaurant, the shrimp better be on-point. If it is a hole-in-the-wall burger joint, the half-pounder better be slamming. Simply put, the restaurant better do what it says it is going to do. In that regard, BRIX delivers.
Nice, laid back ambience: exposed brick, dark lighting, and HD-TVs set the tone. There are a multiplicity of seats to choose from—recliners in front of the large-screen TV, seats at tables, booths in the “boom-boom room.” Great for a date, a night with the boys, or a lonely night alone, for they have a bar, a bartender, and it’s a place “where everybody knows your name.”
The menu is limited, but what they have to offer they do well. It is neither an Italian nor a seafood restaurant—it is a sports bar. The wings and the wing sauce (Oh, that sauce—you must ask for it; it is sublime!) are great. Fried pickles are new to me, but they are surprisingly good. I had the biggest chicken sandwich known to man, and it was scrumptious. Yet, the highlight was their fried okra…yes, I said it: fried okra. I am a connoisseur of fried okra, and they had the best I’ve ever tasted.
In the end, it is a great spot to watch a sports event or for a night out with friends…including your broke friends, because it is not pricey
I highly recommend it.
-Knowledge
2 comments:
Excellent coverage!!! I've been wondering how the set up looked. You should warn people who watch the video to eat before watching. Man i'm hungry now!! Thanx for the insight. And Falcones has the best New York style pizza I've tasted thus far!!!
Fried pickles rock!
Post a Comment