If you like the Blog, become a FOLLOWER!!!
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
The Origin of Concepts Productions Part 2
So now you know where the name "Concepts" came from. An old friend/fraternity brother that poetry... So there you have it. The forming of the company was a dream... literally a DREAM! I went to sleep one warm night in September of 2004 and had this WILD dream that I had a company doing graphic design and digital video. I woke up in a cold sweat next to my girlfriend at the time and thought that since I already had experience in digital video it wouldn't be that hard to jump into... but graphic design was a different story. Once I took my shower, I drove to Barnes and Noble and purchased a book about photoshop. I saw another one that I wanted there too but I couldn't afford it so I just ordered that joint off Amazon. (For the record, Amazon has the best prices in my opinion on books... lol... just go to Barnes and Noble to view the books before you purchase at Amazon.... shhh don't tell anyone I told you that....) After I read the book about photoshop, I was still clueless about how to use it. It literally took me three weeks to understand the concept of "layers"... Real spit. Well enough about that though. To make a long story short, I eventually learned the basic of graphic design and began designing flyers for The University of Oklahoma. The first flyer that I ever did was for a play called THE PROVERBS for Moses Washington. The cast (myself included) thought that the flyer was amazing simply because it everyones face on it. The funny thing about it is that Moses and I actually found that flyer a few days ago at his home and laughed until we became unconscience. The flyer was hot garbage but I really didn't care because that was my first joint. I have come a long way since then so it is definitely all to the good.So there you have it... Concepts Productions started off doing nothing but graphic design... A year later, I made some drastic changes to the services... Can you guess what they were? lol... Stay tuned to "The Origin of Concepts Productions Part 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Concepts Productions
- Soonerville, OKLAHOMA
- Professional Photographer...
1 comment:
aww that's great,real spit!love the determination.but leaving me hanging isn't cool.lol.i'll be back to read the rest.later!
Post a Comment